12 Tips for a Successful Job Search
2012 has been a busy and productive year, with the economy slowly improving, and with people feeling more confident to find new jobs. Many students and clients found employment this year, and so we asked our successful job seekers to tell us what helped them the most when looking for employment.
- 1. Take action. Do not stay at home.
2. Network with people especially those who have a similar background to you.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
4. Show up for classes, job fairs, mock interviews, workshops.
5. Get LinkedIn. Take a class if you need to learn more, or talk to Amanda!
6. Keep learning about your profession.
7. Read articles, reports and information.
8. Update your skills, especially with technology.
9. Volunteer in some way to offer help, connect and learn.
10. Follow up with everyone you meet.
11. Connect with the employer after every step of the job search process.
12. Believe in your abilities and be confident.
Do you have other tips to share? Please share them right here. We would love to hear from you.